英语中有个词组叫home run,看字面意思好像是“往家里跑”,但它的实际意思却是……。一起来看看《硅谷》的这个片段吧。
对话原文
Yeah, it doesn't matter.
哎算了,无所谓了。
You Okay there, Richard?
你没事吧,理查德。
Uh, yeah, I'm fine.
对,我没事。
Sorry, I can't really throw it any slower.
抱歉,我投球没办法更慢了
Give it another cut, Richard.
再试一次,理查德。
No, I'm fine. I don't want to.
不用了,没事。我不想试。
Maybe someone else wants to.
说不定有人想试。
Who's next?
下一个谁来?
If someone has to go, I'll go,
如果必须有人去,那我来,
but it seems very frightening.
但这看起来非常吓人。
You sure? You got us for the whole hour.
我们一整个小时的任务就是陪你们。
Anyone? Would it hurt your feelings if no one went?
有人吗?
Would it hurt your feelings if no one went?
如果没人想来你们会难过吗
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们先生们,
welcome to the Annual Stern-Taylor fall classic.
欢迎来到斯坦恩·泰勒基金年度秋季经典赛。
I'd like to start by making a toast
首先让我们为这位
to our very special guest tonight,
非常特别的客人干杯,
Richard Hendricks.
他就是理查德·亨德里克斯。
Richard, after you perfect game
理查德,你几周前
at Techcrunch Disrupt a few weeks ago,
从‘科技博客’创业展会捧回大奖后
we fell in love with you and your tech.
我们就爱上了你和你的技术。
Look, we know everyone in the Valley is after you,
我们知道全硅谷的人都想为你投资,
and we know that you're probably going to go with Peter Gregory,
我们也知道你可能会选择彼得·格里高利,
but we'd love to have you come play on our team.
但我们仍很希望你能成为我们的一员。
Let Stern-Taylor Capital Fund in on your series A financing,
让斯坦恩·泰勒基金为你们注入第一轮融资,
because together, Richard, we'd be...
因为只要我们齐心,理查德,就能够,
a home.......run!
打出全垒打!
今日重点:
没关系:it doesn't matter
吓人的:frightening。用来形容事物或人“令人害怕的”。如果要形容自己害怕,用frightened
年度的:annual。也可作名词表示“年刊”
敬酒:make a toast
爱上:fall in love
全垒打:home run
想看完整视频,请关注【沪江英语】公众号